Careers at Ames Ford Thetford, Norfolk
Interested in working for a lead Ford dealer in Norfolk?
At Ames Ford we strive to put people at the heart of our business. Ames Ford is all about a great people experience, for both our colleagues and our customers.
We look forward to welcoming your application.
Motor Vehicle Technician
Do you have a motor vehicle technical background and are wanting to join a company that can offer you more? With EV being the drivers of the future, we ensure that full training is provided in electric vehicles and you will be completing a combination of both mechanical and electrical work.
With a competitive salary, paid overtime, we are looking for you to join our thriving workshop team where you can utilise your skills and grow with a reputable company.
Salary: earnings up to £35.000/annum OTE plus benefits
Location: Thetford Norfolk
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
- Competitive salary plus BONUS and paid overtime
- Manufacturer and In house training programmes.
- Free onsite parking.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays going up to 25 days after 5 year service
Key responsibilities as a Vehicle Technician:
- Ensure customer satisfaction in the service and repair of motor vehicles of all types.
- Complete work on all electrical vehicles to a high standard.
- Carry out servicing and repairs in a safe and economical manner.
- Test vehicles and diagnose faults as and when required.
- Ensure Manufacturer and Company compliance with all administration standards and procedures.
- Ensure that all work carried out is to MOT and/or manufacturers' safety standards.
- Ensure maximum use of technical and electrical knowledge and skills to achieve effective, economic and safe service/repair of customers' vehicles.
Required skills as a Vehicle Technician:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a vehicle workshop environment.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of routine servicing and basic mechanical repairs.
- In-depth knowledge of MOT testing standards and procedures.
- Good communication skills with all levels of a business and customer.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team in a competent, safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork with high attention to detail and organisation.
- Proactive and results driven.
- A full driving licence.
- NVQ Level 3 Motor Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent
Ames is a family business with a lot of our staff having long service
Apply now and be part of a team that values your skills and dedication.
Please apply via email to